Impact Analysis of Glacial Lakes on Land Use Land Cover Dynamics of Karakoram Using Satellite Imagery from 1998-2018
Land use land cover change (LULCC) detection is vital for managing natural resources and monitoring environmental changes. Ishkoman valley being a part of glaciated region is facing the problem of altered land features. Natural disasters triggered by human activities are altering the land cover of the basin. The valley is facing the floods, GLOF and landslides almost every year from glacier melt due to temperature fluctuation.
Present exploration is to identify LULC dynamics in context of the creation of an artificial lake in Ishkoman basin which had blocked the flow of Immit River. GIS and RS techniques were applied for geographic and temporal evaluation of land use modifications in the Ishkoman basin from the year 1998 to 2018. It is identified that barren land and vegetation cover of region declined significantly in twenty years while snow and glacier cover was increased.
The Global Partners in Education Journal (the “Publisher”) and the Author(s) agree as follows:
1. Author(s) hereby grant to Publisher all right, title, and interest in and to the Work, including copyright to all means of expression by any method now known or hereafter developed, including electronic format. If Publisher does not publish the Work within two (2) years of the Effective Date, copyright shall revert back to the Author. Publisher agrees to always credit Author(s) as the author(s) of the Work.
2. Publisher hereby grants Author a royalty-free, limited license for the following purposes, provided the Work is always identified as having first been published by Publisher.
• The right to make and distribute copies of all or part of the Work for use in teaching;
• The right to use all or part of the material contained in the Work in a book by the Author(s), or in a collection of the Author(s)’s work;
• The right to use and distribute the Work internally at the Author(s)’s place of employment, and for promotion and any other non-commercial purposes;
• The right to use figures and tables from the Work for any purpose;
• The right to make presentations of material from the Work;
• The right to use and distribute the Work on the Author(s)’s Web site and on the Author(s)’s university’s institute repository;
Such license shall be effective when the Work is first published in the Journal of Curriculum and Instruction.
3. The Author(s) represents and warrants that the Work: (a) is the Author(s)’s original work and that Author(s) has full power to enter into this agreement; (b) does not infringe the copyright or property right of another; (c) contains no materials which is obscene, libelous, defamatory or violates another’s civil right, right of privacy, or is otherwise unlawful; and (d) has not been previously published, in whole or in part. Author(s) shall indemnify and hold Publisher harmless against loss or expenses arising from breach of any such warranties.