AbstractThe volume 73 EDGJ Editor’s Award recipients include N. L. Veurink, A. J. Hamlin, J.C. M. Kampe, S. A. Sorby, D. G. Blasko, K. A. Holliday-Darr, J. D. Trich Kremer, L. V. Abe Harris, P. E. Connolly, M. A. Sadowski, K. S. Harris, C. P. Brus, L. N. Boyle, N. E. Study, and T. W. Knot for Enhancing Visualization Skills-Improving Options aNd Success (EnViSIONS) of Engineering and Technology Students, which was published in the Spring issue (number 2)—see http://www.edgj.org/index.php/EDGJ/article/viewFile/16/15. Accepting the award at the 2010 ASEE Annual is the lead author Norma L. Veurink (photo by Ted Branoff).
The Editor’s Award recognizes the outstanding paper published in the previous volume of The Engineering Design Graphics Journal.
- Papers may be authored by EDGD members or non-members.
- All papers published in the Autumn, Winter, and Spring issues of the Journal will be automatically entered into consideration.
- This award will be given annually.
The Editor will identify a minimum of three (3) reviewers from the current EDGD Board of Review to serve as a review panel. The Editor will prepare a document containing copies of the papers for each of the reviewers. The papers will be arranged by issue and by order they appeared in the issue. The reviewers will rank the papers on the following criteria:
- Graphic Illustrations/Figures-the manner in which illustrations, figures, photographs, or screen displays add to the understanding of the paper’s topic.
- Scholarship-the level of research, testing, validation, and inference involved in preparing the paper or its findings.
- Authorship-the craft of writing, illustrating, and elaborating the technical information contained in the paper.
The award will be a framed citation and a cash award. The Editor will notify the awardee by mail no later than April 30th of the next volume year. Additionally, notice of the award will be published in the next Spring Issue of the Journal (next volume year) and announced at the following Annual Meeting.
Complete List of Awardees
Editorials & News
By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright for their article is transferred to the publisher if and when their article is accepted for publication. The author retains rights to the fair use of the paper, such as in teaching and other nonprofit uses. Membership in EDGD-ASEE does not influence acceptance of papers.
Material submitted should not have been published elsewhere and not be under consideration by another publication.